I am going to have a positive post today if it kills me (and it might).
Ten things I am happy for:
1. Pants that fit. I bought 5 pair last weekend and it's such a nice feeling to wear nice fitting pants.
2. Sewing my children's Halloween costumes. I decided to make their costumes out of clothes this year so they can continue to wear the clothes for the rest of the winter. That way, no wasted money on wear once costumes.
3. Brody being sick with his 6th cold since June. I am happy that his little immune system is functioning properly and that he will never miss a day of school since he will have had every cold known to man before he is 3.
4. My husband. I am so glad that I married a man that not only has a fantastic butt but also always lands on his feet. While I am having a meltdown about the state of the universe, he assures me that he will take care of our family and that everything will be okay. Thank God I married a rock. He, apparently, married Jello.
5. Sunny fall days in Charlotte. Nothing better than spending the afternoon outside playing with my 2 very messy children.
6. My new haircut. It's always scary when I lop it all off. I got a great cut this time and I LOVE not having to do anything to it. Horrah!
7. Felix curling up in my lap. Is there anything better than a tiny ball of fluff purring contentedly in your lap without a care in the world? In my next life, I am definitely coming back as a house cat.
8. No gas. No gas means no driving. No driving means no shopping. No shopping means no spending money. No spending money means no guilt. No guilt makes me happy.
9. Shave and taper week. In the old days, the week before the biggest swim meet of the season, you would finally shave your legs (after weeks of not) and you would have easy workouts so as to not hurt yourself before the meet. With the triathlon on Sunday, it is officially shave and taper week. I am happy for the rest.
10. My faith in God. I've learn over many years that it's not my job to question the path my life takes. God has a plan for me and my family. When I trust in that, I will end up where I belong. We all will. With or without a government bailout.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
#11. At least we didn't work for Enron!!
No - really, you are right. It is time to support each other and try to make some lemonade out of this mess.
Dear Jello.
Thank you for the Lemon, After a very hot day there is nothing better.
Great post, Elaine. We all need to hear some good news right now. Oh, and I love the shave and taper thing :)
I like your attitude. :-)
Hooray for Drew's nice butt! Additionally, his genes helped to produce two awesome kids.
In a bit of happy seriousness, reflecting on past crises in our country's history leads me to conclude that the end result will only make us a better and stronger country. Perhaps the housing market and Wall Street will walk away wiser, perhaps individuals will walk away with a better sense of their actual means and how to live within them, and perhaps (fingers crossed) we will get on track with alternative energy so that gas won't eat away at our budgets and environment while alternatives build another leg for our economy to stand on.
Thanks for the positive post. I prefer Suzie Sunshine to Debbie Downer. :)
I forgot your race is this sunday- Go MOMMA!!!
Did this little exercise in positive thinking work?
Post a Comment