Friday, July 4, 2008

How Traditions Start

Fourth of July is my favorite holiday. Always has been and probably always will be. There's not all the buildup of a lot of other holidays and it's pretty easy to prepare for. And nothing is better than the big fireworks that boom so loud that you can feel it in your soul.


But I digress. Last year, when Brody was 2 months, we took a picture of Molly and Brody on the blue chair in the family room because they were cute in their red and blue outfits. (Independence Day is the only day that you will see my children "dressed" for the occasion.) So tonight Drew suggests that we do it again, since they were again, so cute in their outfits (albeit stained and wet from a day of super good fun.) So we did.


And now I find myself sitting here alone tonight. Listening to the cacophony of fireworks outside my bedroom. Looking at these two pictures taken a year apart and I wonder: how does a year go by so fast, and am I willing to keep that same chair so that I can force Molly and Brody to squeeze their butts in it together when they are teenagers!! Tee hee!


9 comments:

Amy said...

I think you should for sure keep the chair!!! How sweet would that be to have a pic from year to year!!!

Amy J said...

So cute. I love pictures like that. It's just so neat to see all the changes that occur in just one year.

Happy 4th!

Anonymous said...

They look cute to me, too. Keep onwith the tradition although I won't be here to see them as teenagers. Love, Granma

SwD said...

Grandma, you are going to live forever. We won't accept anything else.

Elaine, they are so precious. I hope to be as lucky as you one day! Give the kids a hug and kiss for me. And Happy 4th!

ODonnell Family Blog said...

Two cute kids!!

Varna said...

Adorable! Its a family tradition for sure!

bee946 said...

Love the pictures, Elaine. Give the kids a hug and a kiss for us. I'll be looking for that volcano for Molly in about a week or so.

Kimmy P said...

These two are so cute! I can't wait for next year's pictures!

We are so cute! said...

Cute stuff on your blog, havent checked it in a while. It was good seeing you at the play ground. Give me a call sometime. 704-619-1794.

Becky