And apparently, on a cold October morning 32 years ago, I was that sucker.
It all started quite benignly. I went to the vet to pick up Figaro's diabetic cat food (this is another post for another time). We walk through the door and greeting us is a cage of three little bundles of fluff. Cute. Little. Kittens.
"Oh, how cute," I say, "are they all females?" (Please be females so I can walk away.)
"No, all 3 are males."
Oh crap.
"Would you like to hold one?"
No. No. No. No. "Sure."
So they get out not one but all three and Brody spends the next half hour playing chase with the three kittens all around the lobby of the vet's.
You know where this is going people. You've seen it from a mile away. I took Molly back after summer camp to pick him up.
His name is Felix and he's now living in our playroom.



10 comments:
Adorable....sucker!
Adorable! Now you're as close to becoming Crazy Cat Lady as I am to becoming Crazy Dog Lady! Just try to resist giving him a haircut until he's old enough to handle the trauma!
Soo cute! So what's Figaro think of the new 4-legged family member? I am having get-another-cat urges but I'm terrified that Cammie will either kill it, or go into hiding never to be seen again. :/
Well....there is your third baby! Congrats..what a cute. I wish I was not allergic to cats..they are really cute!
The comment above is from me..Melissa C.
felix is in quarantine in the playroom. figaro can hear him in there, but they haven't met yet. saving that for later. much later.
Can't WAIT to meet him! Poor Dave when we come home and the kids (and I) are all begging for a kitten....
Very cute :-)
All it takes is just that one moment of holding it, huh?
It's genetic. I guess we have a new four-legged grandson to meet when we get home. Did you introduce him to Drew like you introduced Figaro to your father. I have to keep reminding myself that I am "dogged out" every time I see a little dog or puppy.
He's PRECIOUS!
Post a Comment