Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My Life... An Update

The past year of my life has been nothing if not exciting. Some of it so much so that I haven't even blogged about it because life was changing on a daily basis and I was not doing daily updates. I think the time has come however for an update... in pencil.

1. I am training for 2 more triathlons: the Lake Wylie on July 25th and the Ramblin' Rose in September. As part of my training, Drew and I ran the Lake Wylie 5k this past Saturday on a course that can only be described as "mountainous" and came in in 29 minutes flat. Not bad for a nonrunner. (Drew ran it in 23:32 while pushing both children in the double jogging stroller... sigh.) I've been biking with Nicola every week in the Palisades (Hi Nic!) and have just started back in the pool now that the neighborhood pool is open for the summer. Now if it would just stop raining long enough for me to get in!

2. I officially end my reign as president of the Steele Creek MOMS Club at the end of this month. It's been A LOT of work, but I'll never regret giving my time to such a wonderful organization. When you are a SAHM the other moms in your life become your daytime family... I couldn't have asked for a better group of women to share my time with.

3. Drew is no longer working for Wachovia. He was displaced in May and we decided to go full steam ahead with our plan for Drew to go to Wake Forest full time to law school. Then out of nowhere Drew was offered a position by his former boss with Wells Fargo. So on to Plan C? Drew happily accepted the position with Wells and will be attending Charlotte School of Law part time in the fall to persue the law degree. I am not looking forward to the long days (and nights) as a single parent while he is at work and school, but we believe the long term benefits of going outway the short term struggles, so on we march.

4. After much soul searching and wakeful nights, we have decided to send Molly to Gaston Christian School in the fall. We weighed the pros and cons for Gaston and the new neighborhood school, and in the end went with what felt "right." Molly is so excited to start school in the fall and we know that she will be happy spending kindergarten at Gaston Christian.

5. Our home is still on the market, but we intend only to keep it listed for the rest of the summer and if we have no bites by then, we will take it off until the market looks better. I recently read an article in the paper that discuss sluggish home sales and the fact that the homes that are selling seem mostly to be foreclosures. We truly love our home and not moving onto the lake property at this time is not the end of the world. We know at some point that things will turn around and our time will come. Until then, we will enjoy the wonderful home we have now.

That's all I can think of for now. Hopefully everything I've written today will still be true tomorrow!!

1 comment:

ODonnell Family Blog said...

I applaud you on keeping your heads up this year. It's been a strange one. It is always a tough decision with schools. I know Molly will be happy with Gaston Christian. (and you too!)

It was great seeing you at the finish line in Lake Wylie!!! Good job on both of your finishes!!! You are setting such a good example for your kids!