The scene: Our house, this morning, 7:25 AM
The Characters:
Molly: Sound asleep in her room.
Brody: Happily reading books in the playroom.
Me: Standing in the bathroom quietly thanking God for the 10 minutes of peace it appeared I was going to get to ready myself for the day.
As I finish brushing my teeth, I lean out of the bathroom to listen for any noises that would indicate that all was not well. No sound. I continue to get ready and take a few extra moments laboring over my outfit, a luxury usually reserved for the weekends when Drew is home to monitor and survey.
Pleased that I was as good as I was going to get, I venture to the playroom to check on my darling baby boy.
He was not there.
And then I hear the slightest creaking sound from the attic. I race up the stairs (as if running was going to stop what was already done) and this is what I find:


The only paint that he could get into was the pink because it is was the only color not in a spill proof container. So the entire room was pink. He was pink. It was a Pepto Bismol nightmare. The pictures don't really do the mess justice. They don't show all the walls that he painted and the carpet that he spilt on as he went on his artistic rampage. They do show however how truly pleased he was with himself.
So how much did my 10 minutes of uninterrupted mommy time cost me? Forty five minutes of clean up time. Not a fair trade in my opinion.
2 comments:
ah hah! It happens at your house too! That's what you get for spending so much time 'primping' you selfish momma! Amazing how the little ones know just the right time to escape and get into things...
Great Post!
Post a Comment