To The Owl Outside My Window at 4AM This Morning:
Mr. Owl, please go away. I have finally reached a point as a parent where my children are letting me sleep through the night, and now here you are, hoot-hooting outside my window at all hours of the night.
I realize that in order to build my house, your tree was chopped down and you are probably living in some condo uptown now. I realize that you are doing a wonderful job of keeping vermin out of my house. I realize that you are just doing your "owl" thing by hooting up a storm in the middle of the night.
You need to please realize that I am annoyed. If you continue to wake me, I will be forced to take drastic measures. I will not hesitate to try and shoot you with a BB gun and we will have you for dinner.
Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
Sincerely,
Elaine the Tired

4 comments:
Owls have a really neat sound... at least the first time you hear it it's neat, after that it gets highly annoying. I hope he moves on soon.
I feel your pain. I can't stand ANY sound when I'm trying to sleep. A few months ago Brian started brining me home foam ear plugs from his work--the engines are loud. I wonder if these type of ear plugs would see you through your owl dilema. It took me awhile to get used to them but now I can't fall asleep without them! It's the strangest thing ever to have to have an earplug in to sleep. I only use one at a time actually in the ear that's not smooshed against the pillow. Too much info huh? Okay that's all for my unsolicited advice for one night :)
I cannot stand annoying noises when I am trying to sleep. Last September our new neighbors moved in with a German Shepherd that lived in the backyard, right outside of my bedroom window. Not only did he like to bark constantly but he liked to howl along with emergency vehicles. That is when I enlisted the help of the SoundSpa sound machine. Every night, I set that thing to the "Rain" sound and it really helps to drown out the noise. It also helps when Jayson feels the need to get up at 5am on Saturday and play Guitar Hero in his bedroom! You should give it a try.
Two nights ago, there was a pair of mating foxes outside my window. They make the WEIRDEST sound!! Creepy.
Post a Comment