QUESTION: What happens when your entire diet consists of whole milk and frozen waffles.
Brody continues to be my picky eater. I swear that it's a result of months and months of drinking nothing but nasty tasting Similac Alimentum.
There is a very small list of things that Brody will even consider touching with his fingers, let alone putting in his mouth. And all of them are carbohydrates. Here's a list of what he will eat:
Frozen waffles
Frozen french toast
Toast
Pancakes
RollsCrackers
Pirate Booty
French fries
Nutragrain bars
Eggs
He will eat a bite or two of hot dog and chicken, but that's about it.
At this point, he screams in agony when he tries to poop because he is so constipated. I sat with him for the better part of a half and hour today when I knew he was starving and tried fruit after fruit, begging him to taste any of them, but to no avail.
I have put the new cookbook by Jessica Seinfeld on hold at the library and am going to try to make the food with vegetable purees to see if I can get him unclogged. I won't hold my breath.
In other Brody news, he is now napping with both arms out of his swaddle (baby steps) and he runs around the house screaming "BAA, BAAA" pretending he's a sheep. He thinks he's funny. I think so too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
What a funny boy :) Sorry about the food issues. We're not much better over here, except we're stuck on poop-inducing foods--blueberries and raisins. Have you tried frozen blueberries? Daniel loves the tiny "wild blueberries". They're like dippin' dots when you eat them right out of the freezer :)
Brody and I eat the exact same foods. But tell that boy he's got to poo poo. Seriously.
I am probably the person who you are waiting on for the Jessica Sienfeld book at the library :) I checked it out a couple of weeks ago...due back on the 28th I'm thinking I'll probably purchase it. Our kids boy cott vegetables and I've been looking to "trick" them into eating them...squash brownies...Mmmm. When Siennah was having her poop issues (remember the screaming?) Dr. Queen told us to try the tiniest bit of Miralax powder mixed in food or drink. It worked wonders aT softening and moving things along. You can get it over the counter at Target. I gave what I had left over to MaryAnne since she's used the stuff for ages on her carb lover R.J. Good Luck! :)
I'm very sorry about your dilemna but I must ask....what is Pirate Booty?
I'm surprised to hear that Brody is such a picky eater considering your previous blog about cat vomit...which you forgot to add to the list of edible foods, by the way ;)
cat vomit... i'll add it to the list. i stand corrected!
Post a Comment