Saturday, April 26, 2008

525,600 Minutes

I wanted to take a few minutes tonight, now that the cake is eaten (and worn) and the presents are unwrapped (and eaten) to reflect on the first year of my favorite little boy. Here are the things I will never forget about your first year:
1. The fear and anxiety I experienced in the five minutes prior to your birth. I knew what was coming and knowing you were part of the deal was the only thing that got me through.
2. What a great nurser you were and those few special hours that you and I spent alone together in the hospital just becoming Mommy and Brody.
3. How you would smile with your mouth wide open with no teeth and your whole face would just radiate with happiness.
4. How you waited until you knew how to do something before you would do it. You wouldn't try to crawl. You waited until you could and then you did. It was the same with rolling over and walking. You were patient.
5. What an easy baby your were. Meltdowns were infrequent and usually only when you were sick.
6. How you loved your sister and delighted in any activity that included the both of you... from bath time to running around with Daddy to swinging on the swings on the playground.
7. You were born with a full head of black hair which all fell out and was replaced with unruly blond. Two minutes after combing it flat every morning, it would be sticking right back up again.
8. How much of a boy you were from the beginning. You loved loud sounds like trucks and lawnmowers. You enjoyed watching Daddy work with his hands. You loved playing outside and didn't mind being dirty. And you could throw a ball like a boy.
9. Three things that always got a smile: Glowworm, Molly's Cabbage Patch doll, and Daddy.
10. Your first word was Mama.
I know there are more, but it was a long day and I am tired and morning will be here before I know it. So Happy Birthday my Brody Bear. Can't wait to start making new memories tomorrow. Mama loves you.

8 comments:

babyoog said...

Happy b'day big boy!!

Amber Greenawalt said...

Happy Birthday Brody! Can't believe you are one already!!! Seems like yesterday your Mom was telling us you were on your way. Hope you had a great day!

megan said...

How can our boys be one already? We were just pregnant with them!! Happy B'day to Brody.

SwD said...

Happy Birthday Pumpkinhead! I tried to call you but your mommy was busy hitting the yard sales. You and Munchkin are my favorite people ever.
(Side note: B-bear and MJ were born with the same hair...I hope he becomes a curly-que too!)

bee946 said...

Happy Birthday, Brody! I can't believe it has been a year since you made your entrance into the world. Love and kisses to you and Molly.

Varna said...

Happy Birthday Brody! Can't believe he's already one- I know he and Sadie will have a lot of fun together this summer!

Amy J said...

Happy Birthday, Brody!

ODonnell Family Blog said...

Very Sweet! Happy birthday