Thursday, December 18, 2008

Confession is Good for the Soul

Hello, my name is Elaine, and I don't finish things. I finish projects. I finish the laundry. What I don't finish is the end of something. I can not drink the last swallow of milk from the jug... I open a new one. I will not eat the last piece of cheese in the package. If I am running low on shampoo, I will buy a new bottle and start using it before I finish the old one. (This has almost led Drew and I to divorce over the number of "almost empty" shampoo bottles around the house... I've learned to hide them in the kids' bathroom - like a junky!)
The latest victim in my inability to finish obsession is poor Molly. I never finish the end of a bag of Pirate Booty. There will be 15 pieces left and I will move on to a new bag. Then, the old bags with the 15 pieces each will sit around getting stale. Until Molly finds them and happily finishes off the bag. Bless her heart, she enjoys the stale Booty. Sigh.
At least I know my condition is not genetic.

6 comments:

ODonnell Family Blog said...

I must admit that I cannot drink the last bit of milk either.

SwD said...

No Elaine, it is genetic. I have the same condition. However, it must be a recessive disorder, and Molly received the dominant allele from Drew, allowing her to eat the stale popcorn. Molly is a carrier for the trait. Wait until you are a grandmother...

And God help me, I cannot escape my job...even on your blog I go into genetics...

megan said...

I'm right there with you on the shampoo bottles! I can't tell you how many almost-empty shampoo bottles I have to wade through to take a shower :)

Jennifer B. said...

That is really interesting because I am the opposite! I will not only use every drop of shampoo but I will even mix a small amount of water in the bottle so I can get every single droplet of shampoo out. I'm like that with a lot of things but I do see your point about milk. Why the cheese, though? If it is in a package and has not expired....what's up with that? hee hee

Amy J said...

I pour out the last bit of milk, but I LOVE to finish other things off.

Amber Greenawalt said...

We were at Costco last night and found out they stopped carrying Pirate Booty! The inhumanity!