It was brought to my attention by my oldest friend Kim (not the oldest in age, but the friend that I have know the longest in my life) that it's been over 10 days since my last post and that surely something has gone on in my life in that time. So, here's what's been going on...
1. Both vehicles have been in the shop. My tailgate somehow lost all of the hydraulic fluid and refused to stay open and Drew was rear ended by some idiot. Nothing like coordinating cars in the shop.
2. I was elected President of the Steele Creek MOM's Club. I can't imagine myself as president of anything, but here I am.
3. Both children were sick with both the stomach virus and some nasty cold thing. Diarrhea and mucus, always a winning combination.
4. I walked in the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life as a cancer survivor. I wasn't expecting to feel sad or humbled. I felt both.
5. Molly finished her first year of school. One down, 18 - 22 years to go!! She cried because "what am I going to do without my friends ALL SUMMER??!!"
6. We took our first ride on the new light rail up to Speed Street and then had a wonderful dinner at Pike's Soda Shop. Some interesting characters on the light rail, but a fun experience none the less.
7. We became official Geocachers when we took the GPS on it's inaugural journey to Gastonia looking for loot. We found two caches! Whoopee!
8. I bought a bike stroller so I can take the kids with me while I train for the bike portion of the triathlon. It's major work to pull an extra 70 pound along behind you, but good training!! (Tried it this morning without the kids and whoa is it easier!!!)
That's about it for the last couple of weeks. More mayhem to come...

6 comments:
Geez Elaine...sucked into Geocaching. I was hoping you would stay strong with me. Before you know it, you will use all of your free time (ha!) to cache. Then you will become addicted to photographing eagles. After that...God only knows. It is a slippery slope.
Ha ha. Thanks for the update! #3 sounds fabulous! Poor Molly. We never had to worry about missing our friends during the summer since we lived right across the street from eachother! But I remember I cried at the end of the school year once because I thought I'd miss Mrs. McFadden. I was so lame! Good luck with the bike training. You'll definitely get a work out toting the kids along with you. I guess Wii Fit won't be calling you overweight anytime soon! :)
Hope ya'll are feeling better over there. Impressed about the bike trailer - those kids are heavy! let's go for a ride...
I am feeling bummed about Lu finishing her 1st year of PS- they are getting SO big!
Okay so i think you have done more in the last few days then I have in the last year. Go you!!
Becky
Okay one more comment from me. I had never heard of geocaching. Well thanks to you I looked it up. What a GREAT idea, why have i never heard of this? We are trying it next weekend thanks to you!!!
Becky
OK...so after hearing about Geocaching from you and then reading the Charlotte Parent article, I'm intrigued. I think we'll go check it out at the Whitewater center this coming weekend.
Post a Comment