Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Bye Bye Ba Ba

Goodbye bottle, hello sippy cup!!

In an attempt to do something right to even out the long list of things that I am doing wrong in raising Brody, I decided that I would wean him off the bottle by a year old as all the parenting books and pediatricians suggest. I never had a problem doing this with Molly since she nursed for 10 months and only drank from a bottle for a few weeks. She never got "attached" to the bottle. Brody is definitely attached.

So two days ago I gave him his formula in a sippy cup. He refused to put it in his mouth. He screamed at me "ba ba ba ba ba." He gave me evil looks. He threw the cup. He cried tears of pure rage. But I did not give in. After 5 hours of not eating and screaming at me, he was finally hungry enough to succumb to the sippy cup. And he drank it all.

Mommy 1
Brody 0

He drank from the sippy all day yesterday as well as all day today. I think we are finally turning a corner and I am showing this kid who's the boss around here. (We all know it's really Molly, but for now, let's just pretend it's me!)

3 comments:

SwD said...

Nice job Mom Of The Year! Also, I am glad you have the insight to know that Molly rules your household. Of course, I like to think of Molly as my mini-me so technically, I rule your household :)

babyoog said...

Wow! That worked? I can't believe it! Sam is still doing the bottle. Sigh.

Varna said...

I had to do that w/ Sadie too and it worked for good- makes for one tough day though. Now to get Lu off the sippies...