Thursday, March 20, 2008

Brody Ate Green Beans.

I know. I know. There is something wrong with that sentence. It has a subject and a predicate. A noun and a verb. It just seems like there is something wrong, doesn't it? Could it be the part about Brody eating. How about the part about the vegetable?

Last night, in a moment of pure distress as Brody was screaming bloody murder at the indignity of being forced to sit at the dinner table with us while we eat, I put a green bean on his tray. And he ate it. The child who refuses to swallow anything. The child who gags on applesauce. The little boy who refuses to let anything that even smells like a vegetable touch his lips. ATE. THE. GREENBEAN. So I gave him another. And he ate that one too. And another. And another.

Ladies and gentlemen, Brody may be turning into a real honest to goodness human being after all. Now if I can just get him to sleep without being swaddled.

5 comments:

melissa said...

Yeah..for the green bean! Love your blog..you are so funny! Melissa C

megan said...

Yay, Brody!!! I can't even believe it! After the way the boy gags on cheerios and applesauce, who would have guessed? Don't rush him out of the swaddling quite yet ;) We're certainly not rushing off the bottle.....

ODonnell Family Blog said...

Way to go Brody! Hey - one step at a time. Today Greenbeans ... tomorrow swaddeling

Amy J said...

That's quite the accomplishment! My 2 yr old won't even eat green beans! :)

babyoog said...

Go green beans! We do green beans, but no more applesauce, or anything anybody else tries to feed him with a spoon. Sam's such a do-it-yourself-er.