Sometimes things just snowball in your life. One little decision ends up making for a whole lot of work. Exhibit A.
About 6 months ago, Drew saw a pool table at Sam's Club. The man has been obsessed with having a pool table for as long as I've known him and in a moment of weakness, I said what the hey.
The problem was that the pool table was going to have to go on the 3rd floor which was full of random crap and storage. So, after cleaning out the attic, up the pool table went. The pool table was soon joined by a foosball table, 2 leather recliners and the requisite TV. And thus, the "man cave" was born.
The next thing I hear is that he wants to paint the man room but he didn't know what color. So I have this lady come in to tell us what color to paint the man room and just for fun, the rest of the house.
Inspired, I picked up a roller and began painting: dining room, sunroom, powder room, family room, office, the hallways, Molly's room, Brody's room, and our bedroom. (Do you notice what room still has not been touched by a coat of paint?) So after painting all the walls, I decided that my window treatments were completely sub par, and began the quest for the perfect fabric by which to sew new curtains. Today, I began sewing the last set of curtains. And all I can say is Oy Vey am I tired.
I'm off now to thank Drew for buying the pool table. I can't believe how much work it's caused.
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment