Friday, January 25, 2008

Boogers

In my opinion there is one event in the life of a child that is the most momentous. Is it that first smile? Very sweet, but no. The first tentative steps. No. Sleeping through the night? Using the potty? Both exciting, but no and no. My friends, the most important day in the life of a small child is the day that he learns to blow his own nose.
I have just spent the last 2 weeks dealing with sick, snotty children. Molly will blow her nose. She hates it, but she will do it if bribed with candy. Brody however is no where near able to blow his nose.
And thus the aforementioned Pinky Dinky Do game "Eat It or Wear It." In this game Pinky will show an object like a banana for instance. Children must decided whether you should eat it or wear it. In the case of the banana, the answer is obviously eat it (for most).
In the case of boogers, for those of you without children, the answer is also quite obvious. Neither. Boogers are certainly not considered by most to be fit for consumption nor do they provide beautiful accessories to your outfit.
But, if you are my son, the most wonderful Brody, your answer is BOTH!!!
You have not lived until you have watched your perfect baby become the most disgusting creature on the planet. A snot monster. And what fun is it if you don't cover both yourself and your mother in it?
So, until he learns to blow, I will just wear yellow shirts and grey sweatpants in an attempt to camouflage the fact that I am indeed covered in snot.

2 comments:

megan said...

I think you're the funniest person I know. :) And the snot really looks good on you, so not to worry :)

babyoog said...

I'm covered in snot right now!