I'm doing this blog for two reasons.
1. Drew is in California and after much praying and cajoling, I have two sleeping children. Thus, I am alone with nothing but time on my hands. I just finished my second book in a week and my brain is too tired to comprehend any more words on a page. So I turned on the old Philips Magnavox.
2. There is NOTHING on TV. Seriously. Nothing. You know it's bad when you click onto a show that you never watch just because and 5 minutes into it you realize that you've already seen it. Twice. Between the reality shows (spent several minutes watching Celebrity Rehab) and the awful game shows (Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?? - Um. Most days.) I have given up.
Please. For the love of God. If you are a writer in Hollywood, PLEASE go back to work.
Anyway, thanks to the striking writers, I turned to the only media left that is quiet enough to not wake said sleepers - the Internet. And even here I found very little:
Email - More spam and 4000 more eagle photos from my parents.
MySpace - Like a Virgin wants to be my friend and I have no new messages or comments.
Charlotte Mommies - More of the same.
Searched Vicki's and Frederick's for a Valentine's present for Drew to no avail. (Do these companies not understand the sex appeal of flannel??!!)
So that brings me here. To the blog. I love reading my friend's blogs. I love reading stranger's blogs. I do not assume that anything that I have to put out into the universe is worth reading. However, due to pure unadulterated boredom I am putting it out there anyway.
And that's it. I've got nothing left. I have now wasted enough time this evening that I am tired enough to go to bed.
Tomorrow I will pontificate on boogers. We will play Molly's favorite game from Pinky Dinky Do - "Eat It or Wear It?"

2 comments:
YAY!!! I'm so glad Drew went to CA so I now have some great new reading material!
Congrats on joining the bloggin' band wagon! :) It's like having a journal, a digital scrap book and not having to send pictures anymore all in one :) Plus one of the bet parts is you get to keep up with everyone else and their busy family lives. I look forward to being able to "catch up" with you on here. Hugs! ~Amber
Post a Comment