Throughout the country each day there are pots and pans who don't live to cook another day. They work in commercial and residential kitchens alike. They are large. They are shallow. Teflon coated and cast iron. Dutch ovens and saucepans alike. There could be one in a kitchen closer than you think. They could be right next door.
And there are people who don't appreciate and take care of their cookware. People who put a pot of water on to boil with half a dozen eggs. People who walk away and forget all about their pot. Alone. In the kitchen. Boiling the water away into steam in the air. Until there were just eggs. In a pot. Getting hot. Too hot.
And this is the result. An egg explosion.
No one likes cleaning burned egg off the stove. Or the floor. Or the cabinets, appliances, or counters. So please, don't let good cookware go bad. Don't let this massacre happen in your kitchen. Set a timer for the love of God.
(This PSA is sponsored by the PPAA - Pots & Pans Association of America)

5 comments:
I really feel like I can smell these from my house. Yuck. I'm so sorry.
Megan is right...Yuck!
I did that boiling noodles before and had to thorw the pot away! I cannot imagine the mess with exploding eggs.
Wow! I always wondered what would happen if I forgot about the eggs just one. minute. longer.
Now I know. Thanks for clearing that up! :)
You crack me up! (pun intended)
Oh Elaine... That is just too funny... I mean not "funny" funny but well, FUNNY.. You wrote that post perfectly. I have so been there. Not with eggs, but a pot simmering of apples, cinnamon and nutmeg (homemade potpouri) yeah....that didn't end up well either, but at least the smell was better... I hug you!!
Post a Comment