Guess what I spent the last 2 hours doing? Playing cards with Brody. But not just any game and with not just any cards. We were playing Brody's version of Slap Jack with his Star Wars playing deck. So normal people play this game by slapping, well, you guessed it, the Jacks. But not Brody. In his game, we slap good old Princess Leia. There are 12 of her in the deck and he has those cards memorized and will slap them faster than you can say Return of the Jedi.
The thing about Brody that is somewhat alarming to me is not that he fancies Leia, it's which Leia he likes the best. And it ain't this Leia. Not the gun wielding bad ass who keeps the small group of renegades from getting killed again and again. No, not her:

It's this one. Bound. Chained. Enslaved. Oh, and practically naked.

In fact, that's what he calls her. "Naked Princess Leia." Seriously. I can't make this up.
He got some Star Wars Mighty Beanz for Christmas. As luck would have it, not only did he end up with a Leia bean, he actually got the bikini one. Ninety two mystery Mighty Beanz and he ended up getting #51 (Princess Leia - Captive). Oh joy. He carries her around in his pocket while Han Solo bean is left wanting in the bottom of the toy box.
He also got some Star Wars books at Christmas. All of them are permanently creased at the Naked Princess Leia pages. At church last weekend I could feel God's (as well as the women next to me) eyes boring into me as I sat there with Brody happily staring at Leia and her cleavage.
At this rate, I figure I have about 8 years before I need to seriously (seriously) start having concerns. Until then, if you have a 4 year old girl who you are raising to be independent, resourceful, intelligent, and who keeps herself FULLY CLOTHED, please email me about setting up a blind date in the year 2025. Thanks in advance for your help.

3 comments:
That cracked me up. Hehehehe... It starts early withe these dudes doesn't it? I have already ordered my lifetime supply of Xanax for when Evan and Ryan starting dating...
That is completely awesome! Go Brody! He knows what's good for him.
Drew must be so proud.
I know I'm a little late on reading this but that was classic...thanks for giving me a good laugh :)
Post a Comment