So 2010 was a pretty big year for our family.
We reached some major milestones, had some ups and had some downs.
Molly lost her first tooth (and second). Brody gave up diapers. And his pacifiers. And his crib. I ran my first half marathon. Molly graduated from kindergarten. Brody discovered the world of Star Wars. Molly had her first concert solo. I survived a pretty horrible car accident (and luckily, after some "surgery," so did the car.) Brody started school for the first time and I learned that I can survive 12 hours a week without him, but I don't have to like it. Drew ran the Baltimore marathon and qualified for Boston! I read the entire Bible, cover to cover. We enjoyed a 10 day trip to Disney. Unfortunately, we had to come back home. I washed, dried, folded, and put away over 200 loads of laundry. We spent a week at the beach and Brody decided the ocean was pretty cool after all. I sold my first item on Craigslist. We finally found a church home that we love where I began taking RCIA classes and Molly joined the choir. Drew found a job he loves with people he loves working with. Brody had his first cavity and subsequent filling. We learned that God has the power to heal as Molly's friend Lauren was cured of her leukemia and my friend Ann was given a second chance after battling breast cancer. We also learned that God will take the ones we love away in his own time and that can be really, really hard.
All in all, 2010 was a great year. Already 2011 is looking like a year of changes. I'm always amazed at how fluid our life is. Always rolling and flowing with the tides. The only thing certain in this coming year is that some things will change, and some will stay the same, and that's okay because we have each other. Blessing to all of you and a happy, healthy 2011!

No comments:
Post a Comment