Participated in the Lake Wylie Triathlon this morning. Official results are in! I placed 79th out of 152 women. I placed 7th in my age group for the swim (15:33), did the bike in 38:49 and the run in 31:49 for a grand total of 1 hour and 29 minutes. The swim was wonderful except for not being about to see the buoys because of sun glare. The bike was difficult and tricky. We had to keep on the right hand side of the left hand lane (on a major 4 lane highway) and it cause many accidents and confusion. I was lucky enough to escape injury, but I saw others who were not. The run was mountainous. My feet were sore from being wet and it took me about a mile just to work the muscles out from the bike, but in the end I felt great and was proud of my time, even if it was 2 minutes slower than my last 5k. Here are some pictures just to prove I did it.
For the record Drew finished too (and did well still beating out over 100 other men) but he doesn't want me to blog about it. He had some "technical difficulties" with his goggles and aggressive men swimmers, but in the end still finished before me - only by a few minutes though : )
For the record Drew finished too (and did well still beating out over 100 other men) but he doesn't want me to blog about it. He had some "technical difficulties" with his goggles and aggressive men swimmers, but in the end still finished before me - only by a few minutes though : )

6 comments:
Great pictures! We drove by the race today and thought of you guys :)
Great job today!!! One down and one to go!
Great job! Impressive and inspiring!
Congrats to the triathlete couple! Ya'll look hot!
Congratulations!
Yeah..great jobs guys. Love the pics..That last one will give "ken and Barbie" a run for their money!:) melissa c
Post a Comment