Monday, July 20, 2009

In lieu of any other ways to help...

this post is all I can come up with.

My college roommate Ann who is 33 years old and a mom to 2 year old Sam was diagnosed with breast cancer this week.

It has spread to lymph nodes and maybe further. She is looking at years of chemotherapy and a full mastectomy. And she has been told that she will never be able to give Sam a sibling. Instead she just wants to live to see his 3rd birthday.

And I can't stop thinking about her. I can't really wrap my head around a world without her in it.

I know most of you who read this don't know Ann personally, but if you could say a little prayer for her, it would mean a lot to me. And to her too.

And take a few minutes tonight to give yourself a check.

5 comments:

Carainn said...

I will be thinking of her.

Amy said...

All of my thoughts and prayers to the both of you!

ODonnell Family Blog said...

Oh my goodness! My heart aches for her. I will be praying for her and her family!

Karen said...

Sending up prayers!

Varna said...

Prayers for Ann and for you!