This is the kind of snow that I grew up with. Piles and piles that lasted for days and days. We had this kind of snow up north when Molly was little:






And now that we live in the south, this is the snow that poor Molly thinks is a big whoop:







Yes, I realize we are sledding on the grass. Yes, I realize there are approximately 15 flakes on the ground. But when your kid wears her pajamas inside out for nights on end hoping for snow (don't ask) and then it does, by God you go out and play in it. So we did. And as you can tell by their faces, the kids didn't realize that there's snow and there's snow, and this wasn't really snow. To them it was some magical (albeit freezing) winter wonderland. And I guess in the south you take what you can get!(PS - Major thanks to Lucy and Sadie for sharing their sled with us!!!)

7 comments:
We went grass sledding too! It was loads of fun. I love it that the kids don't know any better!
I had to laugh..Coming from Utah where our license plates state "greatest snow on earth". Today was odd for us and seeing how things really slowed down. Melissa C
OH another funny post! So true.. so true! CJ woke up and said "WOW it snowed, and I was like YEAH it sure did" as I looked at the slight flecks that were more green than white. great post!
Hahaha Snow Blast 2009... that's what the news called this snow storm. Snow in the south will never cease to make me laugh. :)
I need to take a picture of my house...not that you can see it behind the pile of snow from shoveling my sidewalk EVERY day (and I have a tiny sidewalk!). We haven't seen the grass since a brief thaw in November. I have at least 18 inches outside of my house, much of that compacted from the weight of each new snowfall.
In other words, I dislike you a smidgen (not really). And as much as I hate the snow right now (really, its been almost 4 months of it...), I will miss it once I get the heck out of here!
PS. Send Molly up here for a visit!
Funny, I'm dealing with the opposite! While we love sledding and making snow angels, I'm NOT digging the super cold weather - NONSTOP! They tell me I'll get used to it, but I don't believe them! Fun to see you guys! Take care- jen
Those pics sledding on the grass are priceless...they look like they are just having an absolute blast.
Post a Comment