Nine afternoons out of ten, if you show up at my house, you will find Molly happily on the playroom floor cutting, pasting, painting or coloring something. She loves all things crafty. Sequins. Feathers. Cardboard. Felt. Markers. Bells. Pom poms. You name it.
The problem is: Brody. He gets into all her stuff and destroys whatever she creates faster than she can create it. So I've had to pile up all her craft paraphernalia and box it up in the spare bedroom. Which pretty much sucks for Molly.
So for her birthday, I've decided to make Molly her own craft room. We bought her an easel and paints and paint brushes and non-spill paint jars. We got her a craft organizer with 40 drawers for all her little crafty things so they can be organized just the way she likes them (the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.) And Drew is building her a craft table with little cups that can hold all her markers, crayons, scissors, glue sticks, etc. I'm going to put it all in the room the night before her birthday and then when she wakes up on her 5th birthday, the room will be her present. I hope she won't mind that there won't be any wrapping paper to tear through. And I hope she likes it.
Of course to do all this I had to remove the bed that was in the spare room. So please don't try and take a shower in Brody's tub... there's a mattress in it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Awesome gift. Ava needs a playdate with Molly I think. ;) She is an all-things-crafty girl too. I'm going to look into getting her some craft storage of her own, I think she'd love it. Thanks for the idea!
Actually, that is quite smart to put the mattress in the tub. Guests can sleep and bathe at the same time. :-)
Great idea! Jacob will be very jealous. All he has is a craft drawer!
Oh, wow, Emily will be so jealous too. You've seen our "craft box". She'd die to have a whole room!!!
I fell over laughing on this post Elaine. LOVE IT. Note: Molly is my child!!!!!! I love all the glitter etc. And a craft room is fabulous!!!! I want a craft room too. LOL Gigi
Wow,sounds awesome! We want to comeplay in the craft room! I've always wanted one of those!
What a cool idea! Ally loves crafty stuff too. I should just take her to Michael's for Christmas and let her pick out all the pompoms she wants. Pictures of finished product, please!
Elaine, for my 29th birthday, can you build me a craft room?? That would be great! Thanks! I will pretend to be surprised!
(P.S. And organize it too??)
Post a Comment