Yeah. For about 8 months our mattress sat on the floor. Before Brody was born I convinced Drew that we needed the mattress up on something or I would never be able to get out of bed after my cesarean. We bought a standard metal frame from Sam's Club and that's where the mattress has been ever since.
Over the years we have continued to hunt for a bed that we both like, that matches our bedroom set, and that is in our price range. It's been a fruitless endeavour.
And then the Thanksgiving Pottery Barn catalogue arrived and I saw this:

Oh Pottery Barn, why do you tease me so with your beautiful furniture that is far to expensive to be practical. None the less, I strategically left the catalog turned to the bed page for Drew to find. He took the bait. "I can build it," he told me.
Nine days and countless trips to the Home Depot later, we FINALLY have a bed. Drew handled all of the planning and serious construction. I took care of most of the trim work and did all the sanding, staining, and finishing. Not perfect, but pretty darn close. Take that Pottery Barn!

11 comments:
Very nice! I was going to ask on Facebook where you bought the unfinished bed. You guys did an amazing job building it! We need a new bed... wanna build us one? :)
WOW.
I love it.
Have wonderful night sleep.
enjoy
hugs C
Fantastic!! Way to go!
I LOVE IT. I must say that I think not only is the bed fantastic but the whole darn thing process and meaning is fantastic. That bed is worth way more then anything stupid pottery barn can sell. You guys built together, possiblly the coolest thing i have seen done in a while. Way to go!!!!!!
Holy cow! That's amazing! I'm so impressed!
Drew is my HERO! It's gorgeous! You guys totally rock.
Beautiful! You guys should be very proud of yourselves!!!
Wow! That is gorgeous! And for what it is worth, I have been disappointed so many times with Pottery Barn quality after buying even when I love the appearance. This is SO much better!!
the bed looks awesome! You guys will be be able to hand it down to Molly when she starts her family (many, many, many years from now)...how cool.
Checking in from Utah..had to leave a comment! That is an amazing bed...that is talent! Love it. Melissa C
Ditto Becky... you know I like that Drew Dude.. I love his.. "I can build it!!!!!!!!" your bed is beautiful....luv it!!!!!!! here's to lots of cuddles and love in it! ha ha he he he
PS: making myself blush writing that!
Post a Comment