I remember vividly when I was about 24 years old that Drew, our friend Chris and I went to this little back woods water park in Fayetteville, NC called Fantasy Lake. While we were there, I remember watching parents with screaming children forced to play in the "kiddie" area of the lake while we were able to do whatever we wanted in the "adult" section. I silently thanked God that I didn't have any children because I could not begin to imagine how sitting and watching a snotty 2 year old splash around in the water could be any fun at all.
Now, many years and 2 children later, I get it.
We spent the last 10 days aboard the Disney Magic, cruising around the western Caribbean and I can honestly say that they were easily 10 of the happiest days in my life. And with the exception of a few trips to the gym and one child free dinner, I spent the entire time in the "kiddie" area (and let's face it, the whole ship was a kiddie area!!) just watching my children delight in the magic and wonder that only Disney can inspire.
Nothing can compare to the joy that comes from watching your children have the best time of their lives. From the moment Molly saw the first princess to the last night of the cruise while we were watching the "Farewell" show and she leaned over to me and said as she was crying her eyes out, "Thank you Mommy... thank you for bringing me on this cruise!" and every moment in between, the trip was pure magic. She got a special meet and greet with Belle, Cinderella, and Snow White, spent HOURS swimming in the Mickey pool, could not be dragged out of the Oceaneer Club, and couldn't wait for the shows each night. And Brody, bless his little heart, could not get enough of the characters. We literally had to restrain him any time Mickey, Goofy, Donald or any of the characters were around. Many times throughout the trip, Drew and I looked at each other and knew that life really didn't get any better than this. How blessed we are.
Anyway, here are a few of the "magical" moments that took our breath away and made both Drew and I tear up and this wonderful part of childhood where anything is possible and dreams really can come true... with a little bit of faith, hope, and pixie dust.










11 comments:
Our best vacations were the places we saw a second time though the eyes of our children.
Awww....Molly is absolutely in heaven. I don't think I've ever seen her so happy! We missed you while you were gone, but it sounds like an amazing trip. Can't wait to hear all of the stories!
What a great vacation!! You have some great memories!
ok. now I want to go on a disney cruise after reading this and seeing all of those great pics. I guess we will have to wait a few years for our princess to get bigger so she can enjoy it as much as yours did! Glad you all had a great time!
Can I borrow your kids and go on a Disney cruise? Oh! And you pay for it?? That would be great.
Glad you all had a fantastic trip!!
They look absolutely ecstatic to be there! I'm so glad that you all had a wonderful time! I hope to see a million more pictures!
I have chills! What an awesome post, and fantastic pictures! So glad you had such a great experience!!
Molly's smiles tell the whole story. What an awesome vacation!
You had me in tears. We feel EXACTLY that same way that you do. Brian and I, being from Florida used to have annual passes to Disney and the Universal parks before we had kids. We relished the fact that we could hit all the thrill rides over and over. We hardly stopped for a character and certainly didn't wait in line for one. Last year when we took the kid's to Disney for the first time we experienced the pure joy of seeing it all through our kid's eyes. Now as I've been working on our itinerary for Sebastian's Wish Trip we couldn't care less if we ever get on a roller coaster!--I don't think I could do dueling dragons 14 times in a visit anymore even if I wanted to! What I can't wait for are the big beaming SMILES as we twirl on the tea cups or get a big from Mickey and Minnie!
Thanks for posting your photos Elaine. You can feel the joy!
Having your first child can be one of the happiest times of your life. Having your second may be the saddest
you have talked me into it, I have to do this cruise!!!!!! What wonderful memories. Pampered Chef's trip next year is to Disney and I think I will just have to earn that one for the girls. Thank you for sharing and making a tear come to my eye.
Post a Comment