At last year's school Christmas concert Molly was disappointed because as a kindergartner she was not allowed to try out for a "part." She declared at the conclusion of that concert that she was going to get a "part" when she reached first grade no matter what.
Fast forward to this fall. A sheet came home to the parents asking everyone whose child was interested in auditioning for a part to sign up. Molly was torn between the nonspeaking role of Mary in the nativity and a singing solo. We encouraged her to try out for both and let God decide which role would be best for her in the program.
The day that parts were announced, Molly's teacher rushed her to the car and she and Molly both screamed at me that Molly had been awarded the "Away in a Manger" solo. I don't know who was more excited, Molly or Mrs. Gordon, but there sure was a lot of jumping around!
We practiced with the music CD that was sent home almost every night. Molly would use the TV remote for her microphone. With help from her music teacher at school, Molly gained more and more confidence.
Finally, the big night arrived. The excitement Molly had in the car on the drive there was nothing compared to how happy she was when we finally arrived. There was lots of smiling and giggling with her friends on stage. And then the music began planing for "Away in a Manger." I wiggled myself to the front of the auditorium and watched my baby walk across the stage. For the first time, I saw trepidation wash across her face. I said a little prayer that God would help her be brave. The spot light came up and everyone was silent.
This little child continues to amaze me with her grace and bravery. I am so blessed to be her mother. Merry Christmas everyone!

4 comments:
Good Job Molly!
HOW SWEET!!!!!!! I got chillbumps! Love it! Merry Christmas back at ya!
Awesome! She did such an amazing job! Love it! :)
Awesome Molly!
Post a Comment