I am a perfectionist by nature. What? This isn’t news to you?! I expect things in my life to go the way I want them to go and do what I want them to do. There are many, many things in my life that I can control and making them perfect makes me happy. It's the things that I can't control in my life that make me insane (as if being a perfectionist doesn't already qualify me for the loony bin.)
Our trip to Disney World a year ago was perfect. In every way. And it had nothing to do with me or my planning because we decided to go on a Thursday and arrived 3 days later. No time for planning = no time for stressing.
Riiiiiiiight.
Despite my best efforts to the contrary, everything did not go perfectly on this trip. In fact, a lot went wrong. I compiled a list:




We made a late night call to the front desk and got honey from the continental breakfast for our coughs (try this... it really helps!!) I was able to give Brody the Motrin (that I so smartly packed) to keep his fever down so that he was pretty much his happy go lucky self. We wore layers to keep us warm in the morning, but were still able to enjoy the wonderful warmth of the afternoon sun when we took our jackets off. We wore our Wal-Mart ponchos on the rainy days and were able to stay relatively dry while riding ALL the rides in the park. Who knew a little precipitation would keep away the crowds and allow us to walk on to everything??!! And as for the bed situation, Drew dragged the mattress off the box spring and after rearranging the room, we slept soundly on the mattress - on the floor.
In addition to all the things that went "wrong" on our trip, there were also some pleasant surprises that were not part of my master plan. We snagged a wonderful dinner at The Garden Grill in the Land in EPCOT, a place I was unable to get reservations to prior to the trip. We just happened to walk up as they had a cancellation. We were also super happy with the location of our room at Port Orleans, only a few steps from the bus stop! We we also able to eat at the Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex, both happy surprises. Molly and I loved being secret agents while playing the Kim Possible game in EPCOT. And the kids and I had way too much fun trading pins with all the cast members at the park. All in all, it was an amazing family vacation.

3 comments:
Glad you had a great time despite "life" happening :) Any pictures of y'all sleeping on the mattress on the floor? LOL. My parents were there the day you left and said it was PACKED since it had been raining the days before...so sounds like the rain definitely helped you out! They didn't get on a single ride! (but also didn't get wet ;)
It is always an adventure packing two kids a cough and bad weather into a trip. Glad everything turned out!!!
Glad you had a great time! I'm going to re-read your post before we go on our Disney trip in September. ;-)
Post a Comment