Sunday, August 17, 2008

Move Over Men, Here Comes Elaine!

Yesterday I completed the Harris Y Splash and Dash, a 400 meter swim followed by a 5K. Good times. Out of 75 participants, I placed 25th for the swim and caught up to and passed two brawny men that were swimming in front of me. Nothing like being a 24 year old man being passed by a 32 year old mother of two. And I finished the 5K in 31:06 which was 5 minutes faster than my last race. The only bummer was that when I crossed the finish line, there was no one there to cheer me on... I went faster than Drew expected and he and the kids didn't make it in time! They did make it in time for Molly to do the Tot Trot, which she loved!

9 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

Congratulations, Elaine! That is great!

Amy J said...

Awesome Elaine! I'm very impressed.

Amber Greenawalt said...

Way to go Elaine!!! You rock! We finally bought our BOB today so maybe someday we can be running buddies :)

Carainn said...

Way to go Girl.

Kimmy P said...

Woo hoo! Way to go! :)

megan said...

You're my hero. I hope to one day run down the street and eventually maybe a 3k ;)

SwD said...

Being next to you on a beach in two weeks and two days is intimidating...32 year old mother of two looking hot in a bikini while 28 grad student looks like she is living off of Ramen noodles again...

Unknown said...

mmmm... ramen!

: )

ODonnell Family Blog said...

Great job! I'm quite impressed by your time!! Jealous? Yes, that too!