Sunday, February 24, 2008

Bottoms

I guess I was about 6 or 7 when the movie Annie came out. It's always been a favorite of mine, so when TBS was running it commercial free this afternoon, Molly and I sat down to watch it. She LOVED it. She really got into it and laughed at the funny parts, got nervous at the scary parts, and was sad at the sad parts. At the end, I was trying to keep from getting emotional as Annie quotes the famous line, "and I love you Daddy Warbucks." So then the music comes to a fevered pitch and the song begins... "The sun will come out, tomorrow. Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be sun..." Molly pipes up - "She said BOTTOM!!!!! Ha, Ha, Ha!!!" So much for my emotional daughter. I gave birth to Beavis and Butthead.

2 comments:

SwD said...

You gave birth to Beavis and Butthead because you ARE Beavis and Butthead. I can't believe that you are truly disappointed that Molly laughed over "bottom" when you guys taught her "how to scare a bee" and what you get when you cross an elephant and rhino ...additionally, you could score an entire musical with your original songs about bodily functions...but I still love you.

SwD said...

PS. This is your sister...SWD is my google blog name given to me by my friend Kate who refers to us all by code. SWD is for "Swims with Dolphins"...just so you know.